St. Attracta’s National School, Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon is seeking applications for the position of school secretary. This is a full time permanent position.
- Secretarial experience of operating in a busy office environment
- Reception and telephone duties
- Competency in maintaining financial accounts, including wages, budgets, on line payment systems,(ROS,VAT, RCT etc.), procurement, monthly financial reports and familiarity with Financial Services Support Unit (FSSU)
- Report preparation
- Managing attendance records, admissions and transfers
- Familiarity with on line school databases (e.g. Aladdin, POD & OLCS systems)
- High level of proficiency in I.C.T. and in the use of Google Drive and other online applications
- Office administration skills including photocopying, laminating, binding
- Experience in the maintenance of office equipment and supplies
This is an indicative list only.
Strong interpersonal skills are required as the position requires constant engagement with pupils, staff, parents and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should have
- Good communication, customer service and relationship-building skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Teamworking skills
- Organisation and time management skills
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy
- The ability to assist the Principal with the daily administration tasks and meeting requests and scheduling events etc.
- Willingness to plan and work efficiently on own initiative and show flexibility consistent with the nature of the post
- Confidentiality is absolutely essential.
Working Hours and Salary:
School opening days i.e. 182 days per annum
Additional hours during holiday periods as may be required by the school principal /board of management
Status of post: Full time
Garda Vetting will be a requirement for the position.
The secretary will start on the first point of the salary scale as introduced by the Department of Education, details and terms and conditions of which can be found in Circular 0036/2022.
Application Closing Date: 30th May 2023 at 3.00pm
Commencement Date: 30th August 2023
Apply with a Letter of Application and Curriculum Vitae which includes current contact details for TWO referees who are unrelated to the candidate
Apply by email only to email@example.com