Friday 12th June 2020
Some important reminders about the next week.
School Mass will be on this Monday 15th June @ 2.00pm – End of School Year Mass via webcam from the Cathedral. All families are invited to join in by going to www,achonrydioceses.org >> Daily Masses >>Ballaghaderreen
Collection of Rental text books on Tuesday & Wednesday 16th & 17th June @ 9.30-3.00pm daily. Rental text books given to your child last September (1st Class to 6th Class) must be returned. Your child’s class teacher recently shared the names of these books with your child.
• Place books in a plastic bag
• Write your child`s name clearly on the bag.
• Do not enter the school as there will be a table outside on which to place the books.
• Children who collecting attendance awards have been notified and may enter the school observing social distancing and hygiene regulations.
• All 6th class children can collect their end of year hoodie and graduation cert on either of these 2 days. Thank you to our Parent Association for funding and supplying these gifts. Keep these items for the virtual graduation on 24th June @1.15pm.
Report cards, Booklists 2020/2021 & the provisional School Calendar 2020/2021 will be in the post early next week and will be with you by Friday 19th June.
Delivery of Pupil Food Boxes by FreshToday
No more food boxes will be delivered. The school has no funding for more boxes.
From next week to 26th June (when the school summer holidays will begin) teachers will continue to assign distance learning work for your child.
A huge thanks to every family who organised the Virtual Sports Day at home this week. Here are some amazing videos shared with us on Twitter – scroll to see them all. We really appreciate the effort you made!
Have a look too at samples of pupil projects done at home as part of our distance learning. More to be uploaded soon.
Reopening for the new school year
Next week we will share details with you about how we will reopen the school from 31st August 2020. All schools are currently awaiting information from the Departmart of Education and Skills.